Homepro Medical offers powered wheelchair rentals and manual wheelchair rentals for short-term and long-term needs. We deliver transport, standard, lightweight, and heavy duty manual and powered wheelchair rentals to New York City and the surrounding areas, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, Northern New Jersey and Southern Connecticut. We offer in-home training and set-up. Wheelchair ramps are available for rent as well. Call 1-800-437-3677 for a reservation or fill the reservation form here.
|Manual Wheelchair Rentals||Powered Wheelchair Rentals|
|$45 – $100||$105 – $250||$75 – $145||$250 – $400|
|One-Time Delivery & Pick Up Fee: $50 *||One-Time Delivery & Pick Up Fee: $100 *|
|Manual Wheelchair Rentals
||$45 – $100||$105 – $250|
|One-Time Delivery & Pick Up Fee: $50 *|
|Powered Wheelchair Rentals
||$75 – $145||$250 – $400|
|One-Time Delivery & Pick Up Fee: $100 *|
What to Consider When Renting a Wheelchair from Homepro Medical
- Manual wheelchairs are easier to transport and maintain. However, they require adequate strength and balance. Over long distances, they can be fatiguing for both the user and the caregiver.
- Powered wheelchairs can provide mobility to those with limited upper body strength. However, powered wheelchairs are more expensive, heavier, and are harder to transport. Driving of powered wheelchairs is easy but requires proper cognitive function. Users and caregivers also must make sure the chair is properly charged.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will Medicare or my insurance pay for my wheelchair rental?
We will not bill or coordinate benefits for short-term wheelchair rentals, but if your insurance does cover these services, we can provide any information needed to help you file your claim.
Will I be charged sales tax?
Wheelchairs are not taxed, but delivery fees are subject to tax in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
What if something goes wrong with my wheelchair?
Homepro Medical checks and tests all wheelchair rentals before they go out. We are confident that you won't have any problems, but if you do, we will repair the wheelchair at no cost as soon as possible.
What if I want to purchase my wheelchair?
Homepro Medical also sells new and used Pride, Invacare and Drive Medical manual and powered wheelchairs. Homepro Medical offers a rent to purchase option on some chairs. There is free delivery on all sales over $100.
- Wheelchair rental rates are subject to change without notice.
- Rentals are available to qualified customers only and are subject to availability.
- Renter assumes all risks of loss or damage to the property; all rental equipment must be returned in its original condition.
- A security deposit or an authorization hold is required for equipment rentals.
- There is a 40% cancellation fee for a confirmed rental reservation made less than 72 hours prior to delivery.
- There is no refund (100% cancellation fee) for a confirmed rental reservation made on the day of delivery.
- All of our wheelchairs are sanitized and cleaned before they go out.
*Delivery fees may vary and are determined by location if delivery destination is outside of NYC.
Visiting New York City Tips:
New York City and the surrounding areas are great places to visit. If you're coming in from out of town, and need to rent a wheelchair, Homepro Medical is here to help. We can deliver any mobility product to wherever you are staying and pick it up before or after you leave. Renting from Homepro Medical is often cheaper than checking a wheelchair for a flight, and our rental plans are flexible in case your travel plans change.
If you or a loved one is visiting New York, you might find the following travel sites useful: