Homepro Medical delivers full electric, semi-electric, and heavy-duty hospital bed rentals for short-term and long-term needs. We deliver to Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, Connecticut, and Northern New Jersey. Home delivery includes in-home training and set-up of the bed. Call 1-800-437-3677 for a reservation or fill in the reservation form here.
|Semi-Electric Bed||Full-Electric Bed||Bariatric Bed|
|*Mattresses sold separately. See table below for mattress selection.
One-Time Delivery & Pick Up Fee: $100 *
Hospital beds have special features such as adjustable head and foot sections to ensure the comfort of the user, and are designed for people who need special care. The adjustable height bed deck helps caregivers who are straining to reach their patient or loved one. Hospital beds generally feature adjustable side rails and electronic controls.
|Bed Mattress Choices|
|Economy Innerspring||Therapeutic 5 Zone||Geo Mattress HC||Softform Excel|
Bundle Price: $75.00
Bundle Price: $148.35
Bundle Price: $173.65
|Starting Sale Price:
|Alternating Air Overlay||Air Mattress System||Geo Mattress Plus||Bariatric Foam|
Bundle Price: $66.00
Bundle Price: $389.00
Bundle Price: $362.50
Bundle Price: $279.25
|Bed Accessories Options|
|Trapeze||Overbed Table||Bedding in a Box|
|*Mattresses sold separately.
See table below for mattress selection.
One-Time Delivery & Pick Up Fee: $100
|Therapeutic 5 Zone
|Geo Mattress HC
|Alternating Air Overlay
|Air Mattress System
|Geo Mattress Plus
|Bedding in a Box
What to Consider When Renting a Hospital Bed from Homepro Medical
- Hospital beds have three main adjustable features:
- The height of the bed, which may be raised and lowered.
- The head of the bed, which may be raised and lowered.
- The foot section, which raises and lowers at the knees.
- A manual bed is adjusted by three hand cranks at the foot of the bed. Some strength is required, and may pose problems for those who lack the strength to turn the cranks. Some of these beds also require bending or kneeling for adjustments, and are not suitable for those with knee or back problems.
- Semi-electric hospital beds have electric push-buttons to change the position of the head and lower the feet. A single hand crank is used to raise and lower the height of the bed.
- Full-electric beds can make the same adjustments as semi-electric ones, but allow users to raise and lower the height of the bed with the push of a button.
- Low beds are recommended for those who may fall out of bed and would prefer not to use side rails.
- Bariatric beds are available and are generally recommended for people weighing over 250 lbs. These beds are available in widths of 42 or 48 inches.
- Hospital bed rentals from Homepro include a headboard, footboard, bedframe, casters, and side rails, which are available in full length or half length. Please specify your preference when you order.
- A hospital bed should never be squeezed into a small area. There should be ample space on all sides for the bed's moving parts and for caregivers to have easy access to the patient. There should be access to a grounded electrical outlet. For patient safety and comfort, the wheels of the bed should always be locked.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is a hospital bed?
A hospital bed is a special bed that makes caring for an ill person easier. Most hospital beds are the size of a twin bed with moveable side rails. The position of the bed can be changed by hand cranks or if the bed is powered, an electronic control.
- Will Medicare or my insurance pay for my hospital bed rental?
We will not bill or coordinate benefits for short-term rentals, but if your insurance does cover these services, we can provide any information needed to help you file your claim.
- Will I be charged sales tax?
Hospital beds are not taxed, but delivery fees are subject to tax in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
- What if something goes wrong with my hospital bed?
Homepro Medical checks and tests all hospital bed rentals before they go out. We are confident that you won't have any problems, but if you do, we will repair the bed at no cost as soon as possible. All hospital beds come with an emergency hand crank to override the motors in the event of a power failure or if the motors fail to operate.
- What if I want to purchase my bed?
Homepro Medical also sells new and used Invacare and Drive Medical hospital beds and accessories. Sometimes Homepro will arrange for a rent to purchase option on long term rentals. We always offer free delivery on purchases over $100.
- Hospital bed rental rates are subject to change without notice.
- Rentals are available to qualified customers only and are subject to availability.
- Renter assumes all risks of loss or damage to the property; all rental equipment must be returned in its original condition.
- A security deposit or an authorization hold is required for equipment rentals.
- There is a 40% cancellation fee for a confirmed rental reservation made less than 72 hours prior to delivery.
- There is no refund (100% cancellation fee) for a confirmed rental reservation made on the day of delivery.
- All of our hospital bed are sanitized, cleaned, and checked for bed bugs before they go out.
*Delivery fees may vary and are determined by location if delivery destination is outside of NYC.