Homepro Medical offers powered wheelchair rentals and manual wheelchair rentals for short-term and long-term needs. We deliver transport, standard, lightweight, and heavy duty manual and powered wheelchair rentals to New York City and the surrounding areas, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, Northern New Jersey and Southern Connecticut. We offer in-home training and set-up. Wheelchair ramps are available for rent as well. Call 1-800-437-3677 for a reservation or email us at email@example.com.
|Manual Wheelchair Rentals||Powered Wheelchair Rentals|
|$30 – $75||$75 – $215||$75 – $125||$250 – $400|
|One-Time Delivery & Pick Up Fee: $50||One-Time Delivery & Pick Up Fee: $100|
What to Consider When Renting a Wheelchair from Homepro Medical
- Manual wheelchairs are easier to transport and maintain. However, they require adequate strength and balance. Over long distances, they can be fatiguing for both the user and the caregiver.
- Powered wheelchairs can provide mobility to those with limited upper body strength. However, powered wheelchairs are more expensive, heavier, and are harder to transport. Driving of powered wheelchairs is easy but requires proper cognitive function. Users and caregivers also must make sure the chair is properly charged.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will Medicare or my insurance pay for my wheelchair rental?
We will not bill or coordinate benefits for short-term wheelchair rentals, but if your insurance does cover these services, we can provide any information needed to help you file your claim.
Will I be charged sales tax?
Wheelchairs are not taxed, but delivery fees are subject to tax in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
What if something goes wrong with my wheelchair?
Homepro Medical checks and tests all wheelchair rentals before they go out. We are confident that you won't have any problems, but if you do, we will repair the wheelchair at no cost within 24 hours.
What if I want to return my wheelchair before the rental is up?
We bill in weekly and monthly increments, and will only bill for the actual length of the rental. If you choose to return the wheelchair prior to the anticipated pickup date you will only be billed for the rental period.
What if I want to purchase my wheelchair?
Homepro Medical also sells new and used Pride, Invacare and Drive Medical manual and powered wheelchairs. Homepro Medical offers a rent to purchase option on some chairs. There is free delivery on all sales over $100.
- Wheelchair rental rates and one-time delivery fees to the New York metro area are subject to change.
- Please note that delivery fees may vary and are determined by location if delivery destination is outside of NYC.
- Renter assumes all risks of loss or damage to the property; wheelchairs must be returned in their original condition.